Christopher Slusher, Sr., a Revolutionary War veteran, came with other German-American families to this area of Floyd County with his wife and ten children as early as 1802. Architectural archeologists have dated the four original rooms (at left in picture) to “before 1810.” After Christopher & Eva’s deaths, their grandson Jacob S. & Sophia (Weddle) Harman, added the right wing with upper and lower porches shortly after 1845. The upper porch was later removed. Jacob’s son Asa & Julia (Slusher) Harman were the next owners. After their deaths, Preston & Annie (Hylton) Cox bought the home in 1933; Preston had been raised by Asa & Julia. A large brick exterior chimney (rising between the windows of the original section) was replaced with a flue-lined chimney. Preston & Annie’s son Herman & Elsie (Trail) Cox were the home’s next owners. Herman & Elsie’s children Rodney and Patricia currently own the property. Patricia and husband Murray Agee have done extensive repairs and now live there. This home has the distinction of having been continuously inhabited since its construction prior to 1810.