This circa 1885 residence was built on a 47 acre parcel ‘known as Check’. W.J. “Jack” and Minnie L. Poff were believed to be the original owners of this residence. W.J. operated a store, mill and distillery in the area.
• Due to the Covid-19 health emergency, the museum will be closed to the public until April 2021.
• All Floyd County Historical programs are canceled until our annual meeting on November 21st, 2020, at the Floyd Center for the Arts. Please check our website for further details on our November program.
• During this time we will continue to monitor phone messages and emails as well as our Facebook page and website.